A LIVING ECOSYSTEM
The main location of the Switzerland Innovation Park Ost (SIP Ost) is the Lerchenfeld campus, which is three kilometres from St.Gallen city centre. Its advantages:
- Direct proximity to technological research with international excellence (Empa)
- University of Applied Sciences of Eastern Switzerland, university and cantonal hospital in an urban environment
- Central, well connected location (easily accessible by public transport and car)
- Existing development reserves in the building stock and land ready for construction
Since 2010, a well-connected community of start-ups, SMEs and technology-oriented companies has developed on the Lerchenfeld campus. Also based here are Startfeld (start-up incubator) and the media cluster around the Tagblatt Newsroom. In total, Campus Lerchenfeld comprises around 700 workplaces.
Rent and Settle
Startfeld rents versatile space on the Lerchenfeld campus. The facilities are suitable for:
- Clean rooms and laboratories
- Manufacturing processes with industrial requirements
- Offices, meeting rooms and event rooms
In addition, Startfeld manages shared spaces for events or meetings as well as a makerspace and a co-working space. On the top floor, there is a canteen that is open to the public. Plug and play use of infrastructures or tenant fit-outs are possible.
Expansion and Growth
Reserves of around 9,000 m2 of commercial and industrial building land are available on the Lerchenfeld campus. This means that there is a development potential for over 18,000 m2 of usable space that is ready for construction. There are further commercial building land reserves in the St.Gallen urban area, which represent attractive settlement opportunities for companies around the Innovation Park.
The Campus Buchs is the external location of the Switzerland Innovation Park Ost. The University of Applied Sciences of Eastern Switzerland and the Research and Innovation Center Rhine Valley (RhySearch) are based here.The campus has 8,000 m2 of industrial building land reserves, under the concept Zentrum Präzisionsindustrie Alpenrheintal.